Full Time · $100,000/salary · Tech
Nooklyn is how people find apartments and roommates in New York City. We’re a rapidly growing company in need of committed, driven, crazy dedicated team members who will help grow and evolve the company in an ever-shifting industry. Finding an apartment in New York is an arduous process fraught with unnecessary stresses, and often managed completely through paper and unspoken agreements. Nooklyn takes the headache out of apartment hunting and gives you the key tool to finding your ideal spot. Our licensed agents and maverick tech team are hellbent on making the apartment search effortless and enjoyable.
- Work out of our Union Square office
- Work wearing only your pajamas (remotely)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Free coffee, booze, fruity water
- Free oxygen for easy breathing
- Unlimited vacation day policy
- Work across our stack from the front-end to our background processing queue and everywhere in-between.
- Collaborate with the team to gather requirements, design, and implement improvements to our platform.
- Develop, document and extend our own API to enable our iOS and web applications to consume data from our platform.
- Integrate our platform with external services using their web-based APIs
- Participate in providing support for our customers by helping to triage problems they’re having and develop fixes when necessary.
(If you feel you check a lot of these boxes, but not all, get in touch with us anyway!)
- 3+ years of web development experience using a major server-side stack and relational database.
- In-depth understanding of RESTful API design and how to develop APIs that are reliable and performant.
- Ability to power through ambiguity and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment.
- You enjoy being in a situation where you don’t know the answer, are driven to try and figure it out, even if it means going outside your comfort zone and making mistakes.
- Comfort to dive into code bases you’re unfamiliar, like open source libraries, in search of the answer you’re looking for.
- Curiosity for data structures and algorithms
- Love curling up with a good book on design patterns
- You’ve gone through the apartment search process and are deeply opinionated on how we can improve it.