Terms of Service
Welcome and Introduction
Nooklyn may amend these Terms at any time in its sole discretion by posting a revised version of the Terms. Unless stated otherwise, access to or continued use of the Online Services after the effective date of any revised Terms constitutes your acceptance of the revised Terms. Throughout these Terms, our company Nooklyn Inc. is referred to as “Nooklyn”, “we", "us" or "our" and you, the user, is referred to as “you” or “your”. If you have any questions or concerns about these Terms, or our Online Services, you may contact us at help@Nooklyn.com.
A. BINDING CONTRACT; EMPHASIS OF IMPORTANT PROVISIONS CONTAINED WITHIN
- BINDING CONTRACT. BY VISITING NOOKLYN OR USING ANY NOOKLYN MOBILE APPLICATION, YOU ARE FORMING AN AGREEMENT WITH US. THAT AGREEMENT IS WHAT YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW. YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT FULLY AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL THE TERMS CONTAINED HEREIN. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT USE OUR SERVICES. IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR ASSOCIATION OR GROUP, YOU MUST HAVE ACTUAL AUTHORITY TO BIND THE ENTITY TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (IN WHICH CASE "YOU" OR "YOUR" WILL REFER TO THAT ENTITY); IF YOU REPRESENT AN ORGANIZATION BUT DO NOT HAVE AUTHORITY TO BIND THAT ORGANIZATION TO THIS AGREEMENT, OR IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MAY NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify these Terms in the future, or change, suspend, limit, restrict, or discontinue the Online Services (including the availability of any feature, database, or content) at any time, without liability. If we make changes, we will send account holders an email alert and also post a notice on our website for visitors prior to the date when a change becomes effective. On the effective date of the modified Terms, your continued use of our Online Services shall constitute your agreement to the modified Terms, which new terms are hereby incorporated into these Terms by this sentence. We may also, in our sole and unfettered discretion, refuse to offer the Online Services to any person or entity for any lawful reason, and change user eligibility criteria in the future.
- THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS AN ARBITRATION CLAUSE (SEE SECTION “P”) AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER (SEE SECTION “Q”): IN THIS AGREEMENT YOU ARE AGREEING THAT ANY DISPUTE YOU HAVE WITH US WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION, AND YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A GROUP OR CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION. Read more below.
- THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS INDEMNIFICATIONS, LIMITATIONS OF OUR LIABILITY, RELEASES, AND SEVERAL DISCLAIMERS WHICH EFFECT YOUR RIGHTS. SEE SECTIONS L, M, N, AND O.
B. ABOUT US
- Nooklyn provides an online real estate serach engine service. If you are a renter in need of a roommate, we provide a roommate matching service called Rooms & Mates, and we provide a very useful lifestyle app Nooklyn: Neighborhood Guide with human-curated information designed to help new residents join and enjoy their new neighborhood.
- You can use Online Services as a visitor, or you can register and open a Nooklyn account.
- If you’re a building owner, Nooklyn does all of the above, and more. Building owners make an owner agreement with us. A building owner can also use our Online Services, but these Terms are separate and independent from our owner agreements.
- If you are a broker, these Terms apply to you too.
- Our Online Services originate from our office in Brooklyn, New York and through servers based in different parts of the United States of America. We make no representations that the Online Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use our Online Services from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
- You must be a human-being and not a mechanical or technological device, or software. Using or facilitating the use of software, mechanical or robotic devices to engage with or manipulate our website or mobile applications, or users, in a way other than intended is prohibited.
D. WHAT YOU ARE GETTING FROM THIS AGREEMENT
- This authorization to use our Online Services is only for you, in the manner intended, and not for the use or benefit of any third party.
- If you violate any of terms of our Terms, we reserve the right to terminate your license to use our Online Services, and discontinue services of any kind to you.
- You have no obligation to use our services; rental seekers who set up an account may deactivate their account at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
E. YOUR OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES IN USING NOOKYN.COM, OUR SERVICES, OR OUR MOBILE APPLICATIONS
- You are solely responsible for ensuring that your use of our Online Services complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations; you acknowledge it is your responsibility to discover and understand what laws, rules and regulations may apply. Please pay particular attention to the Federal Fair Housing Law (https://nooklyn.com/fair-housing) and any applicable housing laws in your state.
- You are solely responsible for all of your activity in connection with our Online Services and all User Content you share or post. If you set up an account, you are responsible for keeping your account password secure. You may not share the login information for your Account. You may not use another person's user account or registration information for the Online Services without their permission. You must immediately report any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Account to email@example.com.
- You agree to exercise independent judgment and common sense in your assessment of and dealings with people and places discovered through our Online Services. You agree to conduct all necessary, appropriate, and prudent inquiry, investigation, research, and diligence, and take appropriate precautions when interacting with others or publicly posting User Content (as defined below). You should consult with independent legal counsel prior to entering into any contract with a third party. Any listing information obtained from third parties is provided solely as a function of our Online Services, and we have not reviewed or verified any information originating from any third party.
- We are providing, and you are using, technology to find or offer housing or housemates or neighborhood activities. You understand and agree that we are not a party to any agreement you enter with any person or entity you find through your use of our Services, and you acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any transaction flowing from your use of our Services, your relations and communications of any kinds with others, whether on our website or mobile applications, or in person, or otherwise. We cannot and do not play any role in your decision process, and we cannot monitor the entire website and we do not attempt to do so.
- You acknowledge that we have no duty to take any action regarding (1) how you may interpret or use our Online Services; (2) who uses or gains access to the Online Services; or (3) what content you access via the Online Services. You acknowledge that Nooklyn has no special or fiduciary duty to you. We do not know what price is appropriate for a rental unit. We do not guarantee the condition of any property, the price of any property, or the performance, adequacy or completeness of any inspection, service, product or repair. We do not have any obligation to conduct any physical or premises inspection, whatsoever. We have no responsibility to identify a defect with any property, or inspect public records, permits, titles or use of any property. We are not responsible for verifying square footage, representations of others, or information contained in any property report, listing, or promotional material. We are not responsible for providing legal or tax advice regarding any transactions. We are not responsible for any information you may obtain from a broker in identifying and/or applying for property. It is the users responsibility, and solely the users responsibility, to guarantee the accuracy of any information concerning a rental unit.
- We reserve the sole and exclusive right and discretion to determine your compliance with these Terms, and we may cancel your access to the Online Services at any time, for any lawful reason.
- For our websites, our map and location Services are provided by Google, Inc. and by Apple, Inc. for the iOS Applications, the owners of the aforementioned software and services reserve 100% of their own rights, and such Content is owned by those parties and protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any third-party Content accessed through the Services.
F. YOUR RESTRICTIONS WHEN USING OUR ONLINE SERVICES
We are offering the Online Services to you in order to facilitate your ability to rent property. If you use the Online Services, you explicitly agree that you will not, under any circumstance:
- Infringe the patents, trademarks and trade dress, copyrights, and trade secrets, or any other intellectual property rights of Nooklyn or any third party; or
- Use the Service to defame any individual, broker, or third party; or
- State a discriminatory preference in a housing post; or
- Violate any civil or criminal law or contractual obligation (see our DMCA Copyright Policy); or
- Make a fraudulent representation(s) (for example, ask for money under false pretenses), or print or say something deceptive, false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate; or
- Make any statement or representation that is unlawful, threatening, hateful, abusive, or harassing, or, express bigotry, racism, or hatred against an individual, group, or third party; or
- Impersonate, bully, stalk, harass, or intimidate any person or entity, or falsify or misrepresent yourself or your personal information; or
- Publish without authorization any third party’s private information, such as (but not limited to) confidential photos or sensitive financial information; or
- Upload or publicly display content that is obscene, vulgar, pornographic, offensive, profane, contains or depicts nudity and/or sexual activity and/or graphic violence and/or criminal activity, or which violates the privacy of any individual, group, or third party; or
- Distribute ‘spam’ (unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material, or any junk mail, spam, or chain letters. Do not run mail lists, listservs, or any kind of autoresponder or spam on or through the Online Services); or
- Advertise or promote social causes of any kind, or attempt to sell any product or service that is not real estate (except where expressly permitted on our Lifestyle App); or
- Recruit, solicit or encourage any other user to use the products or services of our competitors; or
- Upload malware or content that contains software viruses or computer codes, files, or programs designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or interfere with the proper function of any technology, or damage, hack or obtain unauthorized access to any database, system, or information of ours or of any third party; or
- Modify the details of any user’s listing without authorization, or interfere with another user's account or User Content; or
- Use us or our Online Services to find an apartment, home, or business space, or a landlord, or a buyer or seller or renter -- and then avoid the obligation to pay (or cause to be paid) any fee that would ordinarily be due us for our Services; or
- Do anything that unreasonably burdens our computer servers or infrastructure; or
- Bypass or circumvent any restrictions on access to or availability of our Online Services or other security measure we use to protect accounts, intellectual property, or data (or computer systems or networks), or, except where expressly permitted, harvest or scrape data or content from our Online Services; or
- Run any type of auto-responder on our Online Services, or use manual or automated software, device, or process to "crawl" or "spider" any page(s) on our Online Services; or
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Online Services, except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction; or
- Copy, modify, transform, or translate any part or component of our Online Services; or
- Transfer or attempt to transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder (such attempted transfer is VOID and of no legal force or effect); and
- Do anything illegal in connection with our Online Services, or violate or help others violate these Terms.
We hope you follow these policies. But should you violate any of these Terms, we reserve the right to terminate, suspend, or take any other lawful action related to your account at Our sole discretion. You may not access the Online Services if we have prohibited you from doing so.
G. GRANT OF NON-EXCLUSIVE LICENSE TO USE USER CONTENT
- Your information, data, text, files, documents, photos and videos (and underlying likeness and voice rights), digital items, and user contributions of any and all kinds uploaded to the Online Services (“User Content”) REMAIN YOUR PROPERTY AT ALL TIMES, but when you upload copies of your User Content to our Online Services, you grant us a free, non-exclusive, worldwide, and royalty-free intellectual property license to use your User Content and associated copyrights and trademarks, likeness, or any rights of publicity, to make copies of, retain, transmit, reformat, display, and distribute them via any electronic means on our Online Services, and permit us to edit, modify, truncate, aggregate, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and exploit your User Content in connection with our Online Services (herein, the “User Content License”. The User Content License duration is perpetual and is sublicensable and transferable by us to our (and our successors' and assigns') businesses, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of our Online Services (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third party websites and feeds), and including after you de-activate your Account or discontinue use our Services. You acknowledge that if we cancel your account, you will lose access to User Content. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE ALL RIGHTS AND PERMISSIONS NECESSARY FOR USER CONTENT THAT IS UPLOADED, STORED OR SHARED ON OR THROUGH THE ONLINE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY PRIVACY RIGHTS, PUBLICITY RIGHTS, COPYRIGHTS, TRADEMARKS, CONTRACT RIGHTS, OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, AND THAT THE COLLECTION, USE, AND RETENTION OF USER CONTENT WILL NOT VIOLATE ANY LAW OR RIGHTS OF OTHERS. Nooklyn is not responsible for reviewing any User Content to confirm intellectual property rights clearance, and cannot be held responsible for User Content or the material others upload, store or share using our Online Services. Please see our DMCA notice.
- You hereby grant each and every other user of the Online Services a non-exclusive, perpetual license to access your User Content through the Online Services, and to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Content, including after your deactivation of your Account or your or our discontinuation of the Online Services.
- When you share User Content on our Online Services, you understand that other people and entities may be able to save, copy, reproduce, transmit, and re-display your User Content without our control, and without compensating you. At times, we provide this information to third parties to provide the Online Services to the users. If you do not want others to have that ability, do not use our Online Services. If you publish User Content in areas of the Online Services where it is available broadly online without restrictions, User Content may appear in demonstrations or materials that promote the Online Services. Our Nooklyn: Neighborhood Guide app (which is one of our Online Services) may be supported by advertising revenue, and you hereby agree that we may display advertising, promotions, sponsored listings, and the like, on the Nooklyn: Neighborhood Guide, and on, around, and in connection with User Content.
- You may not use, reproduce, modify, distribute, store, or exploit (whether by sale, license, rental, or other transfer) any Online Service user’s User Content for any purpose.
- We have the right, but not any obligation, to remove any User Content in our sole discretion, at any time, without notice to you and for any reason (including, but not limited to, violation of these Terms. If you believe that your Content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please report this pursuant to the terms of our DMCA notice (available here) or contacting our designated copyright agent at: firstname.lastname@example.org
H. OUTSIDE REAL ESTATE BROKERS OR REAL ESTATE AGENTS OR THOSE ACTING UNDER COLOR OF SUCH AUTHORITY RESTRICTIONS
- IF YOU ARE A REAL ESTATE BROKER OR REAL ESTATE AGENT, YOU MAY NOT USE OUR ONLINE SERVICES WITHOUT NOTIFYING US IN ADVANCE. You may not make commercial use of our Online Services in any way, including without limitation advertising our property listings or contacting our customers or the owners or sellers of any properties listed on the site. You may ask to enter into a co-brokerage agreement with you, and we reserve the unfettered right to decline such invitation in our sole discretion.
- Multiple Listing Service (“MLS”). By using the Online Services you acknowledge and agree that: (i) you are entering into a lawful consumer-broker relationship with us; (ii) you have a bona fide interest in the purchase, sale or lease of real estate of the type being offered through our Online Services; (iii) you will only use the information from the Online Services for your personal, non-commercial use, except in connection with your consideration of the purchase and sale of an individual property; and (iv) you will not copy, repurpose, redistribute, or retransmit any of the information or data provided through our Online Services for any reason or purpose other than as intended by these Terms. You acknowledge Nooklyn’s ownership of, and the validity of Nooklyn’s copyright in any and all database compilations, however arranged, found on our Online Services.
- We may disclose any information we have about you (including your identity) if we determine that such disclosure is necessary in connection with any investigation, legal obligation, or complaint regarding your use of our Online Services, or to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Nooklyn’s rights or property, or the rights or property of visitors to or users of our Online Services, including our customers. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information that we deem necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. We also may disclose your information when we determine that applicable law requires or permits such disclosure, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection purposes.
- We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Online Services at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. If we, in our sole discretion, determine that you have violated these Terms, we will cancel access to our Online Services and close your Nooklyn accounts which will result in the forfeiture and destruction of User Content on our computer system. You agree that we shall have no further obligation of any kind to you.
K. BILLING, PLAN MODIFICATIONS, AND PAYMENT SERVICES
- Unless otherwise specified, except during your free trial, all charges associated with your account (“Subscription Charges”) are due in full and payable in advance, when you subscribe to the Service(s). Unless specified otherwise, the Subscription Charges are based on any plan you choose and are payable in full until you terminate your account. You will receive a receipt upon each receipt of payment by us.
- Your subscription to the Online Services will renew automatically for a Subscription Term equivalent in length to the then expiring Subscription Term. Unless otherwise provided for, the Subscription Charges applicable to your subscription to the Online Services for any such subsequent Subscription Term shall be our standard Subscription Charges for the plan to which you have selected as of the time such subsequent Subscription Term commences. You acknowledge and agree that, unless you terminate your account, your payment method will be charged automatically for the applicable Subscription Charges.
- We will notify you if we do not receive payment towards the Subscription Charges within the due date for your account. For payments made through credit cards, we must receive payments due within a maximum of five (5) days from the date of our notice and for payments through other accepted methods, We must receive payments within a maximum of fifteen (15) days from the date of our notice. If we do not receive payment within the foregoing time period, in addition to our right to other remedies available under law, we may (i) charge an interest for late payment and/or; (ii) suspend your access to and use of the Online Services until we receive your payment towards the Subscription Charges as specified herein and/or; (iii) terminate your account.
- Nooklyn does not host, store, or otherwise possess any payment information. Nooklyn partners with third-parties for payment processing. When you make a payment in connection with our Online Services, you agree to be bound by the payment processor’s terms of service.
- We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will assist and cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.
M. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Our liability is limited as stated throughout these Terms, and in addition, for clarity, you acknowledge and confirm that we shall not be liable for (a) user submissions, (b) the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party, or (c) the condition, legality or suitability of any property; and that the risk of harm or damage from any of the foregoing rests solely and entirely with you.
- IN NO EVENT WILL NOOKLYN, OR ITS PARENT COMPANY, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS AND/OR EMPLOYEES, OR ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDER OF A SERVICE OR TOOL OFFERED ON ANY NOOKLYN SITE (EACH A “THIRD-PARTY PROVIDER”), BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, BASED ON, OR RESULTING FROM (A) OUR SITE, (B) THESE TERMS, (C) ANY BREACH OF THESE TERMS BY YOU OR A THIRD PARTY, (D) USE OF THE SITE, TOOLS OR SERVICES WE PROVIDE, OR ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDER PROVIDES, RELATED TO THE BUSINESS WE OPERATE ON THE SITE, BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY (E) ANY USER-CONTRIBUTED CONTENT, (F) INTERACTION BETWEEN OUR SITE AND ANY THIRD PARTY SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION A SOCIAL MEDIA SITE, FACILITATED BY A TOOL OR SERVICE ON OUR SITE AND/OR (G) ANY ACTUAL OR ATTEMPTED COMMUNICATION OR TRANSACTION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY PAYMENT TRANSACTION (EVEN IF WE OR ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDER RECEIVES A FEE IN CONNECTION THEREWITH) BETWEEN USERS, IN EACH CASE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THESE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS APPLY WITHOUT REGARD TO WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM (1) BREACH OF CONTRACT, (2) BREACH OF WARRANTY, (3) STRICT LIABILITY, (4) TORT, (5) NEGLIGENCE, OR (6) ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT SUCH EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS ARE NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY PART OF THE TERMS, OR HAVE ANY OTHER DISPUTE OR CLAIM WITH OR AGAINST US, ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDER OR ANY USER OF THE SITE WITH RESPECT TO THESE TERMS OR THE SITE, THEN YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AGAINST US IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE. IN ALL EVENTS, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) THE AMOUNT OF FEES YOU PAY TO US IN THE TWELVE MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY OR (B) $50.00 IN THE AGGREGATE FOR ALL CLAIMS.
- WE DO NOT KNOW WHETHER OUR ONLINE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS. WE PROVIDE OUR ONLINE SERVICES, WEBSITE, AND ANY OTHER CONTENT "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT ANY GUARANTIES OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, MADE OR OFFERED TO YOU. WARRANTIES DISCLAIMED INCLUDE: THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE. OUR ONLINE SERVICES MAY NOT BE SECURE OR PRIVATE, AND MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES AND PLACES. SOME DEFECTS AND ERRORS MAY EXIST. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT CONTENT YOU FIND, OR SOFTWARE WE OFFER, IS SAFE OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
- YOUR USE OF THE ONLINE SERVICES IS VOLUNTARY AND AT YOUR OWN RISK. All listing information is subject to errors, inaccuracies, omissions, changes in price, prior sale or rental, or withdrawal, without notice. No representation, warranty, contract, or guaranty is made as to the accuracy of any listing description. All spatial measurements are approximate and must be independently verified by you. We do not guarantee that any User Content will be made available on or through the Online Services.
- You acknowledge that you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss of any kind to you or any other party resulting directly or indirectly from your use of our Online Services. We assume no responsibility or liability whatsoever, and make no warranties or guarantees of any kind or for any purpose, regarding the accuracy, safety, copyright or trademark compliance, or legality of any information or content accessed on or through our Online Services, or for any actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Services. You should consult with independent legal counsel prior to entering into any contract or agreement with a third party.
- We are not responsible for web links leading from our Online Services to any area online or offline; such third-party websites or services are used or explored at your own risk. You release us from any and all responsibility or liability (direct or indirect, of any kind whatsoever), in connection with any and all experiences, results, and outcomes, with such third-party websites or resources. The existence of any third-party URL or web link found through us or on our Online Services does not constitute our endorsement or relationship as between us and the third-party operator(s). You must use your own independent judgment in evaluating all such third-party services.
- WE DISCLAIM RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LISTING, PROPERTY, CONTENT, OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH OUR ONLINE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY THIRD-PARTY SERVICES USED FOR VERIFICATION PURPOSES IN CONNECTION WITH ANY RENTAL APPLICATION, OR THAT OF ANY WEBSITE LINKED THERETO, AND WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND A THIRD-PARTY OR BE RESPONSIBLE FOR OVERSEEING, IN ANY WAY, ANY TRANSACTION YOU ENTER FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER.
- You shall and hereby do release us from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired housing through the Services, except where such release is prohibited or limited by New York law or public policy.
- You hereby release us and our Members, employees, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, predecessors, assigns, heirs, service providers, insurers, investors, attorneys, advisors, and suppliers, from all claims, demands and damages of every kind and nature, known and unknown, direct and indirect, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to content accessed through the Online Services or our services, or any interactions with others arising out of or related thereto, and you expressly waive the provisions of any local law, which provides in substance: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor," and all similar code provisions in any jurisdiction.
P. ARBITRATION AGREEMENT
- If you elect to seek arbitration or file a small claim court action, you must first send to Nooklyn, by certified mail, a written Notice of your claim ("Notice"). The Notice to Nooklyn must be addressed to: General Counsel, Nooklyn LLC, 28 Scott Ave, #106, Brooklyn NY 11237 ("Notice Address"). If Nooklyn initiates arbitration, it will send a written Notice to the email address used for your membership account. A Notice, whether sent by you or by Nooklyn, must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought ("Demand"). If Nooklyn and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or Nooklyn may commence an arbitration proceeding or file a claim in small claims court.
Q. WAIVER OF CLASS ACTION PARTICIPATION
- Force Majeure. For any remaining obligation not already disclaimed above, we shall not be liable for any failure to perform any such obligation where such failure results from any cause beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation, or third-party acts or omission
- These Terms are personal to you, and are not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with our prior written consent. We may assign, transfer or delegate any of our rights and obligations hereunder without consent.
- No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment relationship is created as a result of these Terms and neither party has any authority of any kind to bind the other in any respect.
- Unless otherwise specified in these Term, all notices under these Terms will be in writing and will be deemed to have been duly given when received, if personally delivered or sent by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested; when receipt is electronically confirmed, if transmitted by facsimile or e-mail; or the day after it is sent, if sent for next day delivery by recognized overnight delivery service. Electronic notices should be sent to email@example.com.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without regard to conflict of laws provisions.
- Our failure to enforce any part of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of our right to later enforce that or any other part of these Terms. Waiver of compliance in any particular instance does not mean that we will waive compliance in the future. In order for any waiver of compliance with these Terms to be binding, we must provide you with written notice of such waiver through one of our authorized representatives.
- Any section and paragraph headings in these Terms are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
- These Terms are for the benefit of us and our affiliates, vendors, and suppliers, and our and their officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, licensors, and suppliers. Each of these entities and individuals shall have the right to assert and enforce these Terms directly against you on its or their behalf.
- No ambiguity of any term or provision in this Agreement shall be construed adversely to Nooklyn as drafter of this Agreement.