Senior Software Engineer (Full-Stack)
Full Time · $110,000/salary · Tech
- Remote work environment
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation day policy
- Work across our stack from the front-end to our background processing queue and everywhere in-between.
- Develop, document and extend our own API to enable our iOS and web applications to consume data from our platform.
- Develop reliable integrations between our platform and 3rd party services through web-based APIs
- Extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from open and proprietary data sets in order to improve our reporting capabilities.
- Deploy a variety of skills and techniques to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks as we scale our web service.
- Review pull requests and mentor engineers on the team in support of their career goals and development of their skills as a software engineer.
- Collaborate with the team to gather requirements, design, and implement improvements to our platform.
- Participate in providing support for our customers by helping to triage problems they’re having and develop fixes when necessary.
(If you feel you check a lot of these boxes, but not all, get in touch with us anyway!)
- 5+ years of web development experience using a major server-side stack and relational database.
- A fluent knowledge of SQL.
- In-depth understanding of RPC API design and how to develop APIs that are reliable and performant.
- Ability to power through ambiguity and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment.
- You enjoy being in a situation where you don’t know the answer and are driven to try and figure it out, even if it means going outside your comfort zone and making mistakes.
- Experience working on products in advertising or payment technology space.
- Comfort to dive into code bases you’re unfamiliar, like open source libraries, in search of the answer you’re looking for.
- Curiosity for data structures and algorithms
- Love curling up with a good book on design patterns
- You’ve gone through the apartment search process and are deeply opinionated on how we can improve it.